- Oct. 25th, 2004, Vana received the “National Performance Activity Award” from SESAC (Performing Rights Organization) for his composition Healing In Foreign Lands on #1 Album, Paganini: After A Dream, which he also co-produced and musical directed.
- 2003 Outstanding Achievement In Songwriting Award in the Great American Song Contest for an original Christmas jazz song entitled ‘Tis the Season of the Year” (co-written with Kathryn Williams).
- 2003, named a semi-finalist in the International Songwriting Competition (ISC) for his composition “Low Features” from his release “A New Day.” There were 11,000 entries from all over the world. The judges for jazz were Pat Metheny, Arif Mardin and Bruce Lundvall.
- Awarded “Best Live Performance, 1994″ in Europe with Will Downing under Vana Gierig’s musical direction.
- 1986 Award from the Boston Jazz Society for “Outstanding Achievements in Jazz“.